One pound of bacon + one package of little smokey sausages + one cup brown sugar = the tastiest bacon-wrapped little smokies ever. And while this recipe makes a lot, it’s probably best to make extra, just in case.MORE+LESS-
ByGirl Who Ate Everything
Updated July 2, 2019
(16 ounce) pound of bacon
(14 ounce) package of little smokie sausages
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet or jelly roll pan with tin foil.
Using kitchen scissors cut your bacon into thirds. There’s no need to cut each individual piece; cut the whole slab at one time.
Wrap 1/3 of each bacon slice around a smokie and secure it with a toothpick. After you have wrapped all of the smokies, place them on the baking sheet and sprinkle brown sugar on top of each smokie.
Bake sausages for 40-45 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the brown sugar has melted.
Serve immediately or keep warm in a crockpot. Makes around 48 smokies.
- Lining the baking sheet with foil makes clean up a snap!
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes to make them spicy.
- Keep these little smokies warm in a slow cooker for entertaining.
- You can either eat this appetizer as is, or you can serve them with barbecue sauce for dipping.
- Make ahead of time and store the wrapped smokies in the refrigerator until ready to bake. When ready to bake, sprinkle brown sugar on top of each smokie; continue with recipe.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
% Daily Value*:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
More About This Recipe
- The classy cousin to pigs in a blanket, people have been making bacon wrapped smokies the exact same way forever. Why fool with perfection? You couldn’t ask for a more irresistible combo than sweet brown sugar and salty melt-in-your-mouth bacon. Rest assured, we have other addictive apps where this came from.